Tuesday, July 12

The Brooch that makes the Look
Winsletbrooch
JustJared. Brooches: Silver Groves art deco brooch, Jean Despres 1937 brooch, Marni brooch from Net-a-Porter, NW3 by Hobbs Cricket brooch from Asos.
In the last few years I've become a big fan of kate Winslet's style on the red carpet. She wears a lot of black and plenty of Yves Saint Laurent and Stella McCartney.

I initially thought that this black number on the right was another timeless YSL but it's in fact Ralph Lauren, who I often forget how well does evening wear. I love the asymmetric top but my favourite thing about it is the art deco brooch holding the strap around the neck to the dress.
I'm not usually a brooch person but I love art deco architecture, furniture and jewellery. And in this case I think it's the accessory that makes the look and the green really suits Kate. So I had a look around online for some vintage and new art deco-inspired brooches. My favourite of all four are the Asos' cricket one because it's fun and super chic and the 1937 Jean Despres one, the master of art deco jewellery.

Are you keen?

1 comment:

Lou Lou said...

This is the first blog post I've seen featuring brooches so it's lovely to see! You're right that the brooch adds so much to the dress. I now have an urge to browse ebay for art deco brooches. I have a couple of vintage brooches but want more xx