Monday, September 12

Amazing covers from unexpected magazines
UnexpectedcoversOct11
FashionGoneRogue
I have often mentioned in the past how I'm not a big fan of magazines like i-D, Dazed or Another. I don't dislike them equally or for the same reasons but there is something mostly pretentious and often empty about them.

The October issues of Another and Dazed & Confused are a whole other story, though. Riccardo Tisci has guest art-directed the cover shoot for the 20th anniversary of the magazine, which is celebrating over London Fashion Week. I actually got a copy of the magazine and the shoot inside is stunning. The composition references are mostly religious, as it's normal from Tisci. And so it's easy to link the front cover of him with Mariacarla Boscono and Saskia de Brauw as version of "La Pietà" by Michelangelo or "The descent from the Cross" of the Virgin de Guadalupe.
Rachel Weisz covers Another magazine looking very unusual. I love the bold makeup and the yellow Miu Miu coat and the fact that she's holding a little lamb –"Rache's got a little laaaamb", anyone?– is random but, hey, it works! I will, however, not buy this issue because Another's layouts are too messy for my taste.

No comments: