Monday, January 30

Best Dressed at the SAG Awards- It’s a White Affair
SAG12bestdressed
Best Dressed at the 2012 SAG Awards
JustJared
Since I missed my opportunity to post about the best Golden Globe looks a few weeks ago I thought I'd post about the Screen Actors Guild Awards that took place last night in Los Angeles. I have to say that so far award season has been really great in terms of red carpet, people are really trying their best! I don't think I've seen anyone particularly badly dressed at the SAG awards this year, which is a relieve but makes the process of choosing the best dressed a tad harder.
My absolute favourite was Zoe Saldana in Givenchy Couture. First of all, kudos for wearing something that was only shown in Paris about a week ago and, secondly, for rocking it on the red carpet. After Zoe's unforgettable Givenchy Couture moment at the 2010 Oscars you understand why she would go for one of Tisci's creations again. Not that anyone needs an excuse...
Julianna Margulies, from 'The Good Wife', is right after Zoe. Her Calvin Klein Collection dress was exquisitely simple and super chic. She is a very elegant woman both in an out of the show, there is something very old Hollywood glamour about her that I love. I really do hope she might go for an Armani Privé soon...
Tilda Swinton looked very much like she'd just come down from the Olympus in an off-white Lanvin dress. It was refreshing to see her in something other than Haider Ackermann, whose work I love but it was starting to look like Tilda was doing a life advertorial. And I love the hair!
How Natalie Portman has gone back to looking like that after giving birth totally escapes me, she looks ravishing. Her Giambattista Valli gown is one of the best things she's worn in a while. The boozy red hue really suits her and I love how unfussy the skirt is and how all the details are on the top.
Viola Davis was a great surprise. We haven't seen much of her until now apart from premiere looks but after this Marchesa moment I am looking forward to the Oscars. Everything is absolutely perfect about her look and I am loving the Maryling-esque hairstyle. Who would've thought someone could look this good in Marchesa?

No comments: