Monday, June 4

Best Dressed of the Weekend- Red, peplums & The Olsens
BDOTW4June
Best Dressed of the Weekend: Red, peplums & The Olsens
JustJared
It's always a good weekend when the Olsens are out in the open. This time they attended the Fresh Air Funds Salute to American Heroes in New York. They went for a kind of Ying and Yang look – Ashley in a ivory The Row dress with the ruffled detail at the front and Mary-Kate, also in The Row, in a black combo of silk shirt and skirt. I loved MK's (Fendi?)shoes and her choice of croc The Row bag.
Charlize Theron is currently on her press tour promoting Snow White and the Huntsman and Prometheus, which has turned out to be quite a treat. She's been choosing all the right dresses for the red carpet – especially her Dior in London – but also for travelling – here another of my favourites. Her latest hit, by Lanvin, was only last night at the MTV Movie Awards in LA. I loved the simple strapless red with the season's super trendy peplum.
I'm not sure anyone in the world hasn't heard about the Queen's Jubilee. I must admit I missed much of it but was happy to see that Kate Middleton – should I call her Duchess of Cambridge? – went not only for red, which was compulsory, but for McQueen again. The combination of the pleats in the skirt and the flat top was super chic and I liked the fact that, if very subtle, there was also some peplum action going on here.

No comments: