Saturday, September 10

The Return of the (really) Pointy Stiletto
SJPwhitestilettos
Style.com, Celebrity-Gossip.net
I don't know of many people who feel as badly about white shoes as I do except, perhaps, Ella from Coco's Tea Party, whose opinion about these I'd love to hear.

Sarah Jessica Parker –looking stunning once again in Prabal Gurung– slipped into a pair of white Manolo Blahnik stilettos for her appearance at David Letterman and at Fashion's Night Out. Even though they're beautifully done I can't help but remember that time some 6 or 8 years ago when pointy white and silver heels were everywhere worn with flared trousers.
Coinciding with SJP's choice, Jenni Kayne opened New York Fashion Week with a really chic and simple collection which included pointy silver stilettos opened at the back. This made me question whether this is going to become a trend for SS12 and whether we should fear it if it is.
I truly believe that not many things are intrinsically ugly and it's who wears them and how that makes a garment or accessory special.

What are your thoughts? Would you/ have you ever worn shoes like these?

No comments: