Wednesday, May 2

Gossip Girl Fashion- ‘Raiders of the Lost Art’
GGs5e22
Gossip Girl Fashion: 'Raiders of the Lost Art'
JustJared, Style.com
I haven't done a Gossip Girl Fashion post in ages. The show's fashion has been quite bland ever since it came back from its last break so I have just been watching. But since next week's episode is the penultimate of the season I thought I would at least choose the bits and bobs I liked because, let's face it, I am probably going to miss it over the summer.

I would like to thank the GG stylist team for finally injecting the show with some new designers. It was all about the Dries van Noten (FW11) blue tweed coat Blair wore this week. I loved how it looked paired with the patterned tights. I was not as big a fun of the citrus Brian Atwood pumps as part of this look – as much as it's about a POC this season. But I appreciate the fact that B recycled her shoes from earlier in the season.
I was also a fan of her other look – a classic camel coat covering up the (ironic) Hervé Léger dress and nude Sergio Rossi heels she has worn before in hot pink. The POC here was the Louis Vuitton  Monogram Fascination Lockit Bag in mustard.
GGs5e22b
JustJared
Serena kept things quite simple this week. She spent most of the episode in a simple look – the good part came with her outdoor ensemble. She wore a black coat with a chic pair of Repetto lace-up shoes, a funky Theodora & Callum scarf (worn before by quite a few celebrities) and, my favourite, a Jimmy Choo Lara Woven shoulder bag holding a Marc by Marc Jacobs laptop cover.

Plot-wise things have picked up quite a bit lately – we have found out who Chuck's real mum and dad are (or have we?) and the Gossip Girl username and password has got around. But the biggest shock yet came at the end of this weeks episode, which I won't spoil to anyone who hasn't seen it yet. As the cast of Laguna Beach would say – So. Much. Drama.

Are you still watching?

No comments: