Wednesday, August 3

Navy is the new Black, in Summer anyway
navylace
1. Kate Middleton in Erdem, 2. Jess Stam in Vionnet on the new cover of Flare, 3 & 8. Erdem Resort 2012, 4. French Connection,
5. Top Shop, 6. New Look, 7. French Connection, 9. Prada @ Yoox
I already posted about Erdem's 2012 Cruise collection a couple of months ago. I was and I am still in awe of how beautifully simple it is. I particularly loved the navy (or ultramarine) lace, which seemed so chic to me.

Not long after the collection had come out, Kate Middleton picked a dress or two from this collection for her North American tour and she really look incredible in them.
And now it's Jessica Stam who a navy lace number by Vionnet for the September cover of Flare magazine.
I think it was the contrast of the blue next to the black font on the Flare cover that made me realise how much chicer and sexier than an LBD a navy dress can be in the summer.
And so, I decided to see the offerings of other designers and the high street in the navy lace department. None of the options are as exquisite and elegant as Erdem's, except maybe for the Prada jacket, but I think the New Look and French Connection options can make a really nice summer outfit if well accompanied and accessorised.

No comments: