Thursday, September 15

Jenny Packham SS12- The perfect Gossip Girl wardrobe
JennyPackhamSS12
Style.com
I have to admit that I am surprised at myself this season because of the collections from the New York catwalks that I am finding interesting.
I thought Marchesa, which I often criticise, was exceptionally good. The fact that they actually put a runway show together definitely has something to do with it, as clothes don't look the same when they move. Bur regardless, it was a great collection full of red carpet hits.

I was even more surprised to be going through Jenny Packham's SS12 line and saving some of the looks to my iPhoto. I only started paying attention to the brand since it wouldn't stop being worn by Blake and Leighton on Gossip Girl.
This new collection, like Marchesa, has quite a lot of really nice cocktail and evening numbers that are perfect for Serena and Blair and that I'm hoping to see on Gossip Girl season 5. I love the very settle lingerie detailing on some of the shorter dresses and the heavy embellishing of night gowns, which reminds me of decadent 20's dresses.

Are you a fan of Jenny Packham?

1 comment:

Allegra said...

nice post!

I NEED YOUR HELP! I'm taking part in the bloggers wardrobe competition - please please please vote for me by liking:

1. http://www.facebook.com/bloggerswardrobe

2. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=210022279058096&set=a.210019082391749.53433.199739743419683&type=1&theater

every like counts! please help me win this!