Tuesday, October 25

Lana del Rey, the girl from THAT song, wears Prabal
LanadelReyinPrabal
Style.com, Zimbio
I remember I first heard 'Video Games' at the SS12 Christopher Kane show. I also remember wondering whether I had heard the song before because the truth is that Lana de Rey's hit song feels familiar. Perhaps that's where its success lies.
It's funny how people like her are described as an 'Internet sensation'. Justin Bieber falls into that category too...
The reason why I wanted to post about this is because, for one, it's an excuse to stick the video of her performance at Jools Holland on Know Wear. And, secondly, because I absolutely love the Cruise 2012 collection from Prabal Gurung. I already blogged about it when Sarah Jessica Parker wore the v-neck version during her press tour back in September. I am just amazed on how a print that could be a bit dated becomes so modern in those colours and how this dress suits so many different women. I even like Lana's white wedges (remember I don't like white shoes?). They would be horrible on their own but they give the dress a slightly more casual note.

Are you obsessed with 'Video Games' too?

No comments: