Monday, October 3

That yellow pant... is back!
Theyellowpant
TFS
I think it was around this time in 2008 when street style blogs were only starting out that I first found this picture of Giovanna Battaglia (far right) wearing a fabulous pair of cropped yellow trousers to Paris Fashion Week. It was one of the first looks from an editor that really got me interested. Back then I wasn't even sure of who Giovanna was. Shame on me.
A year or so later, when Viviana Volpicella started to be on The Sartorialist and Garance Doré I enjoyed the same pair of trousers on my other favourite, Viviana, who wore them as more of a traditional piece of tailoring.

It was Giovanna who took them out of her wardrobe again this season, also to walk Les Tuileries in Paris. And I love how she updated the look with a simple shirt with details on the collar to keep it interesting and much more feminine shoes.
My only question now is still, who are they by? I suspect Dries Van Noten or Etro but I would really like to know because I love the fit and the texture. UPDATE: The pant is Marni. Thank you Viviana!

No comments: