Monday, April 30

Best Dressed of the Weekend- The Evening Looks
BDOTWevening30Apr
Best Dressed of the Weekend: The Evening Looks
JustJared
After thinking about it all day yesterday I eventually decided to go for two posts today. It was too hard to cut down the best looks from this   to only three or four. And so I have divided them into day and evening wear. I wanted to start with the latter because three out of four looks are from this weekend's White House Correspondent's Dinner in Washington DC. Had you not known what was going on you might have thought it was the Golden Globes!
Reese Witherspoon, in a stunning Monique Lhuillier, looked more beautiful than ever. I love it when she goes classic because she adds this Southern flair of hers giving the look some old-fashioned glamour. The neckline of the dress was interesting enough for it not to be boring and the turquoise earrings were the perfect touch and they brought out her eyes!
Kate Hudson (actually, Rachel Zoe) went for an amazing purple sequinned Jenny Packham dress. It was totally full-lenth, with a three-quarter sleeve and a slightly open neckline – extremely chic! It was an elegant yet distinctive look for an evening like that. The big chignon was also a great call. I love a woman with her hair up.
Malin Akerman, of whose style I can't say much, also looked incredible in a dress yet to be ID-ed vintage Odicini Couture dress . It was a risky choice of dress because it's hard to find the right length when the hemline goes below the knees but doesn't reach the floor. The front slit, which I loved, helped a lot. As did the wedges she wore with the dress. I just wish a had a cross-legged shot – this dress is screaming for one.
Chloë Moretz wasn't at the White House but I lover her choice of dress. She wore FW12 Kenzo and a pair of my favourite Jimmy Choo sandals, which my sister has as well (funny, no?). I always really like Chloë because she's one of the few teenage celebrities who looks cool and experiments wearing different things but is always age-appropriate. This gets a top grade.

No comments: