Wednesday, July 4

Givenchy Haute Couture- Gypsy Chic
rEpmzf on Make A Gif, Animated Gifs
Givenchy Haute Couture: Gypsy Chic
Style.com
Every single season when I look at the Givenchy couture images and I see all the close-up instagrams of the beads and the twitpics of the fringes I wish I was there at the Givenchy showroom to see all this wonders in person. I can cope with missing details from ready-to-wear but it's kind of painful to know that no matter how close you look at an image you'll never be able to appreciate the intricacy. Soon enough.
Riccardo Tisci has made of capes and fringes his sort of signature touch on his couture collections for the French house. This season he once again reconciled the world couture and the street with quite a gypsy inspired line. But there was also something tribal about the patterns of the beads and the embroidery – I couldn't but think of the masai.
I also adored the green scenery Tisci chose to shoot his FW12 lookbook. It makes the looks feel more grounded, cozy even. And the touch of the German shepherd next to Joan Smalls just made my heart melt. Get me a gypsy wedding like this anytime.

No comments: