Thursday, February 18

Oh, oobee doo I wanna be like you

Every season I wait and I wait to see his picture on The Sartorialist and Jak & Jill. But it never happens. The reason why someone as cool and delightfully sartorial as Derek Blasberg (editor of fashion news and special projects for V and VMan magazine) doesn't get his well-deserved mentions completely escapes me. On top of V and VMan he is also in charge of the people and parties column of style.com and often writes for Harper's Bazaar and the Sunday Times and Interview. If a successful career wasn't enough, he can proudly say he counts amongst his friends the über-cool Mary-Kate Olsen (he edited "Influence"), Rachel Zoe and Leigh Lezark. I suppose that, in a way, he is cooler than everyone else precisely because of all this. So I will continue to enjoy his perfectly put-together outfits that include the kind of jumpers and sock colours my wardrobe longs for.


[Picture credit: Style.com]
I'm off.
UPDATE: Derek, if you ever read this again, thanks so much for your tweet answer. It made my day!

No comments: