Monday, March 21

TITLE7
It's on rare occasions that fashion films, that new genre of movie-making, which now rolls off our tongues actually produces good videos. Dior's are probably the worst films I have seen in my life and most of the rest of them out there (forgive me for not even trying to remember) are, quite frankly, a bit of a joke. The closest thing to quality we have seen in this field would probably be Karl Lagerfeld's "Remember Now", which succeeded more due to his excellent aesthetic rather than to his story-telling skills. His latest work, however, is more in the line with his cringe-ful commercial for Hogan. Keira Knightley stars in the new Coco Mademoiselle ad and, even though she looks stunning and there is something so likeable about creamy Chanel suede, the film makes absolutely no sense. I can't possibly imagine how anyone will be able to edit it into a TV version but I am positive 30 seconds of it will be more pleasant than the over 3 of the original version. Such a shame, Keira's first advert was so perfect!

I'm off.

No comments: