Monday, July 2

Atelier Versace FW12- Moltissimo Versace
AtelierVersaceFW12
Atelier Versace FW12: Moltissimo Versace
Getty
What better way to kick off the Parisian Haute Couture week than with Atelier Versace? The recently revived line has been such a hit lately and, personally, it's one of the HC collections I look forward the most together with Jean Paul Gaultier and Givenchy. Though this season I am, of course, very much looking forward to Raf Simons at Christian Dior!
Versace, which had been so modern and clean in its lines for couture, seems to have returned to its opulent origins. I must admit that even though it's not quite my taste the play on patchwork on the shorter numbers and the sinuous lines of the collection are as beautiful and striking as they are sexy. I also enjoyed the first hint at the Atelier Versace jewellery line that the house launched yesterday as well  – I can't wait to see it in full!
In attendance at the show were such verious guests like Jessica Alba, who rocked a leather and studs Versace LBD number, M.I.A, who would have made Gianni himself proud in her baroque Versace look, and Anna Wintour, who chose to wear FW12 Prada because... she's Anna Wintour. Franca was accompanied by two of my favourite people in fashion, the ever sophisticated Harry and Peter Brant.

What do you make of the collection?
AtelierVersaceFW12b
Getty

No comments: