Tuesday, May 8

Met Ball 2012- The Best Dressed, My top 5
METBALL12a
Met Ball 2012: The Best Dressed, My top 5
JustJared
METBALL12b
JustJared
I was so excited to be able to watch the Met Ball red carpet live online! It was a brilliant and very intertaining experience thanks to the shouting photographers. It's been hard to cut it down to a top 5 (there will be a part 2 coming up later today) but these are my favourites this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow wore a short Prada, which I love not only because she looked incredibly hot and radiant in it but because a super short number is always daring for an evening occasion like this. I appreciate her courage.
Some of the same goes for Kate Bosworth who also wore Prada. What's interesting is this ombré feather dress would have looked very plain on anyone else but Kate choice of hair and make up give it a slick and slightly 20's vibe that was super sophisticated.
I was absolutely in love with Karolina Kurkova in Rachel Zoe. It's the first time Rach has taken a model date in her design and what a way to kick it off! It was like being transported to the Hollywood of the 50's. It was such a glamorous look and so different from everyone else.
I can't even say how happy I was to see Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in Burberry. The stripped gown with long sleeves and the embellished neckline was so elegant. It is amazing to think how innovative the materials that Christopher Bailey uses are and how they can work so well with a Sofia Loren hairdo. Stunning.
Diane Kruger was also one of the bravest girls of the night. Her purple Prada gown played with the combination of black tie and casual clothing. I just loved the effect of the low strappy top as it transforms into a tray finishing off with feathers. She is incredible.

1 comment:

Richarsson said...

He votado a Diane Kruger pero Gwyneth me gusta igual que conste. Espero que en la segunda parte me pongas a Scarlett, aunque solo sea como un detalle para mi...